We’re a tight-knit community that offers a range of academic, financial, and social support services and resources to help you succeed in and out of the classroom. And our relationship with you doesn’t end after graduation. We’re here to provide support and guidance in all the years that follow.
As an Animal and Biomedical Industries major, you will have access to:
- Academic advisors who know the field and understand the paths to success.
- Supportive faculty who are experts in the field and truly enjoy helping students learn and achieve.
- Tutoring and related academic resources and support.
Meet Your Expert, Caring Advisor
Selecting classes, internships, and study abroad experiences are just a few of the many—sometimes stressful—decisions you’ll make as you build a career. Your academic advisor is eager to help you take advantage of all your options while also staying on track to graduate on time.
Part educational advocate, academic policy wonk, curriculum specialist, and information hub, your academic advisor is your go-to contact before, during, and after your time at the University of Arizona. Together, you and your academic advisor will:
- develop a plan based on your career and life goals,
- explore leadership opportunities, student clubs, and campus jobs,
- discuss campus resources, including learning centers, tutoring, cultural centers, and involvement activities,
- review the latest internships, scholarships, awards, and essential college information, and
- ensure you graduate on time with the right mix of skills and experiences to help you land a great job or get into a graduate program.
The UA Think Tank
The university’s hub for academic support, Think Tank, has more than 200 students, graduate assistants and professionals dedicated to your success. In partnership with many departments and colleges, the center offers comprehensive services and resources in person and online. Through private tutoring, test preparation workshops, and a variety of other options, the THINK TANK is your one-stop-shop for help with academics.
Holistic, Confidential Support
Campus Health Services offers caring, comprehensive medical and mental health care services, including one-on-one appointments, group sessions, peer education, and outreach activities. Learn more about resources available to ensure your health, wellness, and safety.
The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid is committed to helping you identify ways to support your academic journey through scholarship, loans, and other types of aid. In addition to information, the office will help guide you through management of financing your education.